On 9/5/22 13:20, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 05-09-2022 12:06, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
On 9/5/22 12:59, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 05-09-2022 11:50, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
On 9/5/22 12:31, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
That is inconsistent compared to what is done for --with-builtin-tomcrypt. I explicitly requested --with-builtin-tommath, so I expect it to end up directly in the lib directory like tomcrypt.

This switch works another way.

It seems to me it does the same thing, but for a different library, so why does it do so in an entirely different way?

I do not know what library do you talk about.
There are many of them - and rules for them vary slightly.

I explicitly mention it multiple times (see also above): tomcrypt. The behaviour for --with-builtin-tomcrypt (putting it directly in lib) seems more sane to me compared to what is done for --with-builtin-tommath (putting it in lib/.tm). Why is it handled differently?

When adding it I cared about an ability to fix secirtiy issues in 3d-party libraries not rebuilding and reinstalling FB packages. With used schema one can simply install fixed system package for tommath in a case of some issues in it. None were found - but that was when tommath was at pre-release stage.

BTW, we always recommended to those who need embedded-only access full install (classic) and server stop.