Hi Mark, Paul,

I've been attempting to get Gradle working on my box to try out the new build. Finally found time. :)

Of course, it's not yet mnerged, I assume it's still in your fork Mark? If so, I'll get a few attempts at building done soon.

Then I'll start experimenting with asciidoc/asciidoctor.

If you need any questions, I might be able to help - having just done an entire 400 page book in Asciidoctor, using asciidoctor-pdf as the generator. One thing you will find useful is this:

// If the backend is PDF then do this.
ifdef::backend-pdf[]
[width=60%, cols="20%,40%,20%,20%", align = "center", caption="Table 9."]
endif::[]

// If the backend is html, then do this instead.
ifdef::backend-html5[]
[width=60%, cols="20%,40%,20%,20%", float = "center", caption="Table 9."]
endif::[]

.2 - ADC prescaler settings and frequencies.
|===

// Insert Table Contents Here //

|===

I found that when generating tables in a PDF and HTML, they need different commands to centre them on the page.

It's a bit of a bind that the widths cannot be written then the ifdef embedded, so you have to duplicate the widths etc in both options.

Captions are interesting. The above would give a table the caption of "Table 9.2 - ADC prescaler settings and frequencies"

Asciidoctor has manual table/listing/etc numbering so moving or adding sections will require lots of updating of captions etc. A right major pain! (Ask me how I know!)

Good luck and have fun with asciidoctor.

(My current book is being written in Lyx!)

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar