On 11-02-2020 23:00, Paul Vinkenoog wrote:
Hi Mark,

I'm currently working on a gradle build to replace the current ant-based
build for the documentation.

It is a work-in-progress, but I'd really like some other eyes on its
output. So, could some of you please try it out, look at its output and
report any problems you see compared to the existing output of the ant
build, or with its usage?

I built several HTML and PDF targets successfully. But I noticed some structural
differences in the PDF's. The ones built with gradle opened with the navigation
bookmarks initially all collapsed, and the 'Table of Contents' bookmark entirely
missing.

As far as I can tell, the reason for the initial collapse seems to be that the book title has a different level, which means all sections are collapsed under the title, while in the old version the title was on the same level as the sections, and sections were collapsed individually.

As to the missing bookmark of the Table of Contents, I have no idea yet.

Also, in the gradle builds the vertical margin before the section headers was
smaller. But maybe that's just because you adjusted some XSL parameters
in your copy?

I had noticed the changes in margin, but I actually thought it looked better ;). In any case, I did not touch any XSL parameters, although I'll double check if maybe I skipped one. I'd sooner suspect the reason is upgrading to docbook-xsl 1.79.1, or possibly my removal of fo/fo-fix.xsl from fo.xsl (as far as I know those fixes are no longer necessary with FO 2.4.0). I'll experiment with that.

Anyway, I'm too tired now to hunt down the source of there differences. I'll
have another look at it tomorrow.

Thanks!

--
Mark Rotteveel