From time to time I happen to perform procedures which require a lot of
time (10+ minutes sometimes). The actual problem is that if the connection
happens to drop during those 10 minutes since there is no actual transfer
(it is a really, really long stored procedure which might have to go
through 20-30k rows and seriously rearrange them and might have to "wait"
quite often in the process) the tcp stack does not throw an exception. I
could edit the tcp timeout of my workstations and reduce it, but it might
not always be possible (or desirable on slower connections).

I have currently added a 'watchdog' thread which does some really nasty
stuff every X minutes (kills the thread and creates an entirely new
connection, such long-lasting commands are possible, but not expected to
happen often).

Is there a proper way to do that in the .net provider (or firebird at all)
? Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance.

--
Sanity is a sin!