Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:55:57 +0400, Jiri Cincura <disk...@cincura.net>:

Well, yes but AFAIR firebird mentions possible issues with the dummy
packet, and is considered unneeded because of the SO_KEEPALIVE default on
the new versions. I can`t really say I always follow standards, but in
this case - it does seem like a better idea to leave things to the OS (and
simply tell it "I don`t feel like waiting two hours, make it 10 minutes,
pls" for example).
Don`t really know why MS keep insisting on such intervals ... at the time
Windows 98 was in active usage - 2 hours was already enough time to cost
some people theirs jobs and ATM things happen a lot faster ...

BTW I`ve read the RN a few times, but I guess I missed the part about when
cancel actually takes place, sorry about that ...

--
Sanity is a sin!