One by one :)

Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:37:23 +0400, Jiri Cincura <disk...@cincura.net>:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 08:25, Ivan Arabadzhiev
> <intelru...@unrealsoft.net> wrote:
>> I`d appreciate them
>> appearing in the main source tree
>
> No problem. Let's see what others say.
>
>> private void SetKeepalives(ref Socket sTmpSocket, bool bOnOff, Int32
>> iKeepAliveInterval, Int32 iKeepAliveTime)
>
> Wow hungarian notation. I haven't seen this a while. ;) BTW you don't
> have to use ref, Socket is a class.

I`ve always considered myself "broken" in many aspects :D, and true but is
sort of habbit

>>             // call WSAIoctl via IOControl
>>             int ignore = s.IOControl(IOControlCode.KeepAliveValues,
>> inOptionValues, null);
>
> Here it should be probably sTmpSocket. ;) You said, you've done some
> research, don't you know how it behaves under Mono (Linux, Mac)?

True, and no - I haven`t gone through mono, but I`ll try to run a linux
machine to test :)

>>                 SetKeepalives(ref this.socket,true,60,600);
>
> How did you came to these values? Did you run some tests?

The values are subjective, which is why I believe they should be options
to the common user. In my case - the internet is not traffic limited, and
I would prefer to waste a few bytes to know what`s going on. On the other
hand, if someone were to use GPRS for example - then most probably
keepalives wouldn`t be so necessary. 1 and 10 minutes seems like a
reasonable value (setting it to less could cause unwanted connection drops
under heavily utilized connection) but I intent to release in 2 or 3 days
so I will share what happens;
--
Sanity is a sin!