On 2014-01-16, at 8:30 PM, Paul Vinkenoog wrote:
> In general, moving Firebird database files is a definite no-no. You copy or
> move Firebird databases by gbak'ing them and restoring them at the new
> location.

Now *that's* interesting, because this has been the most suggested method I
have seen. In fact, I only learned about the nbackup method long after having
done two moves "the other way", which was the recommended method from the
vendor.

I think maybe it would be a good idea to put this into the vendor's dox as well.