Maury Markowitz wrote:

> > In general, moving Firebird database files is a definite no-no. You copy or
> > move Firebird databases by gbak'ing them and restoring them at the new
> > location.
>
> Now *that's* interesting, because this has been the most suggested method I
> have seen. In fact, I only learned about the nbackup method long after having
> done two moves "the other way", which was the recommended method from the
> vendor.

That recommendation makes sense, especially since gbak has been around for a
long time and is known to do its job. Nbackup is relatively new; it ought to be
just as safe as gbak but in your case, something went wrong; the database
wasn't unlocked and the .delta not re-integrated. Even then, the database kept
functioning and I assume (and hope for you) that no data were corrupted.

> I think maybe it would be a good idea to put this into the vendor's dox as
> well.

You mean the FishBowl docs? Or the Firebird docs? BTW, this nbackup scheme you
used: did it come with Fishbowl or did you set it up yourself?

Paul Vinkenoog