Mozilla management clearly are morose.

Discontinuing Firebug is the biggest knife in the back of those who have
struggled through the poor management of Firefox throughout this whole
decade to date. Those of us who have rejected Google and want to keep
supporting the open web through loyalty to the only browser developer with
a great engine and no ulterior motive to service.

Shame Mozilla, shame. One or two developers have done a great job
supporting and maintaining Firebug and you just go and kill it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/84afaa47-e511-4e91-9d60-928f2b295025%40googlegroups.com.