Dear Joshi,

No matter what topic/title you used, no matter what goal you want to reach,
your post has raised a very important theory which can decide the future of
information science: Three Level Theory: Molecular (level1), Cellular
(level2), Social (level3). (Please excuse my minor modification).

The FIS colleagues can easily recollect the theory of Cell, Brain, Firm
which was advocated by Pedro about 10 years ago, but I think this hierarchy
is could be much better spent taking some positive action.

Social (level3): It can indicate the all human/social information studies.
Cellular (level2): It can indicate the all cellular/biological information
studies.
Molecular (level1): It can indicate the all molecular/chemical information
studies.
XXXXXXX (level0): Particlate/physical information studies??

As we know, due to the Technological Information Science (It includes
computer science and telecommunications) is not self-organizational, or
antipoetic, so we generally don't consider it as a real information science.

With my best regards!

Xueshan
Peking University

  _____