On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 03:10:42AM +0200, Piotr Lesnicki wrote:
> - Fish help facilities are great ! One thing though: hypertext is
> great, but I don't like it openned *by default* out of the term I'm
> in, somewhere out there in a graphical browser...

yeah, i keep stumbling over that one too.
i expect the help in the place where i run the command.

having it appear somewhere in a grapical browser, worse, having to wait
for that browser to open up a new window/tab or even start first is not
convenient. but i also do not want to change my default browser.

so then i should hack the script that starts the browser? i guess i
could do that, but it sort of breaks having sane defaults.

on the other hand, i agree with the advantages of html, and not everyone
has a terminal-based browser these days...

what about trying a text browser first, and if none can be found then
use a graphical one?

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world