So, it looks like Fish 1.23.0 has some weird problems on Mac OS X
10.5. This is expected, I'm going to see what I can do to smooth them
out.

1) Since OS X sets $DISPLAY by default, even if X11 isn't open,
anything that puts anything on the killring causes X11 to be launched.
It's not a problem, it's more annoying than anything else. I've solved
this by clearing $DISPLAY on login, and I'm pretty sure that this is
all that can be done, since it's indistinguishable from a terminal
with an actual X server running.

I'm not sure what a proper general solution here is.

2) The apropos parsing script has broken again. I'll dig through the
guts of it and submit another patch for the parser. If the problem's
the same as it was the last time, the issue here is that apropos
output on OS X does things like this:

~> apropos chflags
chflags(1)               - change file flags
chflags(2), fchflags(2)  - set file flags
lchflags(3)              - set file flags

3) On shell startup, $PWD is empty. I'm going to assume that this is
an OS X-specific bug of some kind, relating to the way $PWD gets set
during initialization. (Since it's fine after that) I'm going to try
to test on Linux before I actually start trying to debug this, but if
it's happening on any other systems, please say something and save me
some work.

--
-Nick Pilon