Hi corydoras!

which rbenv
/usr/local/bin/rbenv

(The same path is returned whether or not I have "rbenv init - | source" in
my config.fish file).

echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin /Users/burnettr/.node/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin
/usr/local/git/bin

Note that I used this config.fish command to move Homebrew's /usr/local/bin
to the beginning of the $PATH (
https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/issues/1099).

set -e PATH[(contains -i /usr/local/bin $PATH)] ^/dev/null; set PATH
/usr/local/bin $PATH

Does that help?

Thank you - fish rocks!