Great article. I didn't read it all, but I did have one suggestion. You
cover aliases and abbreviations, then say that abbreviations are preferred.
If they are preferred, put them first; for the new learner, you should
always put the thing you want them to learn first, first. When struggling
with a new language it's no fun to learn one thing, then learn that there
is a better way to do it *after* you've struggled to learn the first.

Roughly equivalent to teaching someone 'thee' and 'thou' before explaining
that those are archaic and we generally use just 'you' now.