On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Myrddin Emrys <myrd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great article. I didn't read it all, but I did have one suggestion. You
> cover aliases and abbreviations, then say that abbreviations are preferred.
> If they are preferred, put them first; for the new learner, you should
> always put the thing you want them to learn first, first. When struggling
> with a new language it's no fun to learn one thing, then learn that there
> is a better way to do it *after* you've struggled to learn the first.

Thanks for the feedback!

In general I agree with what you're saying, especially if learning about
the less preferred option is time consuming.
In this case though:
* Many readers will already be familiar with aliases, but not abbreviations.
* If they aren't, I want to give them that background.
* Then I want to compare the new thing (abbreviations) to the old thing
(aliases).
* The section on aliases is very short, so I don't think readers will feel
that they struggled to read that before reading the section on
abbreviations.

I hope you will provide more feedback!

--
R. Mark Volkmann