This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean--

Wednesday, May 12, 1999, you wrote:

> I sprayed a 1:7 dilution of the CLAC concentrate all over except the
> face and rubbed some by hand on their faces ...snip... I don't know
> how it works for gnats and flies. Have the others on the list that
> ordered it tried it yet? How do you like it? Is it effective for
> your bugs?

> Of course the horses all smell like lemon spice cake!

  We decided to try the CLAC-86 also. We found it at Equine Discount
  for $23.95 for the liter bottle. Their web site is at:
  http://www.equinediscount.com and their phone is 1-800-482-8060. If
  you order two bottles plus something else to get the order over $50,
  you pay no shipping or handling.

  I tried it today for the first time. I used it at the 1:4 dilution,
  applied it with a sprayer, then back rubbed it into the hair. For
  flies, it seems to work wonderfully. No flies as soon as I applied
  it, and very few flies 90 minutes later after a long drive and some
  ring work. That's real good fly spray in my book. When we were
  driving thru the woods, there were quite a few mosquitoes landed on
  Pferd. Although it appeared they weren't biting him, the spray
  didn't seem to keep them off. There was no problem with deer flies,
  but it may still be a little early for them. So far it seems to work
  better than the Absorbine Ultrashield we've been using for several
  years, and since Ultrashield has gone up to $46 a gallon, I think
  the CLAC-86 will save quite a bit of money.

  I certainly agree with the spice cake observation. And it seems to
  linger on the hands for quite some time. But it's not a bad smell,
  just very pervasive.

--
Steve McIlree & Cynthia Madden -- Pferd, Keyah, Skipper, Tank -- Omaha,
Nebraska, USA