This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Jean Gayle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: "Jean Gayle"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   I do not think carriage horses do
> this do they?  In
> other words perhaps these stumblers would do better
> at being driven?????

Jean,

I have not observed very many stumbling carriage horses.  Possibly it
has to do with the fact that they are not trying to balance a rider's
weight as well as their own.  My Line is terribly stumble footed when
ridden, but only stumbles occasionally when being driven.  It's
forgiveable though, considering her age.  Naaman has mentioned that he
thinks Fred's horse would make a better driving than riding horse
because of his build.  I agree, but unfortunately we have basically
nowhere to drive a young horse around here.  I would never trust them
out on the road when young, and that is all we have here - unless I'm
working them on logs and such, which I also will only do with an older
horse.  I value my life too much.  Oh well, maybe we will move after we
retire - ha, ha!

Mary
===
Mary Thurman