This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mary, arrant we lucky to have Naaman, a great ferrier.  He also observed
that horses close in front (legs) narrow chested will knock a knee out
with the other leg on a turn.  So round pen or on the circle it could be
the opposite knee hitting the other leg.  As I looked back at Howdie's
stumbling everytime, except when he and I went down, he was on a circle.
 He was narrow chested.  the time he went down with me I am sure he
stepped on a rock because I had him balanced and we were on a straight
path.  I would never let children ride him after the nine year old went
down with him.  I do not think carriage horses do this do they?  In
other words perhaps these stumblers would do better at being driven?????
 Jean Gayle  Aberdeen Wa