This message is from: "Dave McWethy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Maybe we can put "stubbornness" on the Myth side, except that for
appearances, it is so.

On the Truth side, you have to remember that these horses have been around a
long, long time, before they could rely on humans, whom they saw at a
primitive stage of being humans, to safely guide them.  Their ancient brains
tell them they should be skeptical that humans' intentions for them are
better than what they can come up with on their own.  They need to be
convinced that we have common interest, and that humans can be trusted.  And
at one time or another, or more, none of us should be trusted by the horses,
from their point of view.

Living on the food chain like the rest of us plants and animals, no wonder
they have survived to the 20th century.  Along with the stripe down their
back, they have retained willful behaviors.  No pushovers, these Fjords.

Because of these strong wills, I imagine, risking a human point of view,
they have a confidence that stands out in comparison to many other breeds.
They are willful, and "in your face", because they are not afraid of humans.

But I have almost never seen unkindness in a Fjord, towards people.  They
are willing to give us a chance, and if we need it, several more.  If
eventually we figure out how to ask, they will do almost anything for us.
They will work for us with the greatest stubbornness there is.

If they are stubborn, I wouldn't want them any other way.