This message is from: "sandra church" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Amen to posts about the fjords ability to handle unusual situations even
if stubborness is part of the procedure.  In the past 2 years of trail
riding Loki, we've had 2 turkey vultures to burst out of the underbrush
right under his nose and one leaping groundhog (which scurried down a
tree then took a flying leap into the underbrush just as we approached)
to startle us.  Loki did turn around each time and take 1 or 2 strides
then stop and decide that he had expended enough energy already so our
ride continued quietly.  None of my other horses would've stopped or have
calmed down so quickly.  Loki has also been in a wedding (carrying a
"medieval bride") and been to church as a circuit riding horse.  He can
be a gem!  My friends love for him to lead the trail rides because he is
so calm and has a calming influence on their mounts.Sandra in Va.