This message is from: Anneli Sundkvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Juliane and welcome to our group! I'm Anneli from Sweden, owner of 2
fjords, mare 14 (now leased out) and gelding 6.

Just like you, I started my gelding pretty late (he's not broken to drive).
I think he was under saddle for the first when he was 3,5. At this point we
did nothing but let him get used to the idea of carrying somebody on his
back and respond to basic leg aids and stop and turn. This was done in an
arena. Then he rested over the winter and I started to ride him the
following spring. Now, I rode out on short trails (I only rode 10-15
minutes the first weeks and then walked home with him) with other horses.
When he had gotten more used to being ridden, I gradually made longer trips
and he was taught to trot and canter. Now he's 6 (or will be in june) and
we've started to train dressage on a regular basis and also to jump once a
week. I'm hoping to be able to start him in an easy dressage classes in may
and hunt him in november. That's the plan this year.

Again: Welcome!

Anneli