This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

And translated to seconds and/or minutes the STRBRD trotter trots 1.48=108
seconds for the mile or theoretically  1.04 for the K. These are record
numbers and it takes a horse time to reach speed so he could probably not do
the first K as fast as 1.04, however I just wanted to point out that  the
STRBRD time is more than a full minute faster than the time Gjest trotted the
K. As STRBRD are bigger and trained to race I am comparing apples to oranges
or Fjords to Trotters or whatever. Trotters start the race at a trot not a
standing start what about the Fjords in Norway ?As this would make a big
difference. Again I just wanted to add prespective to the discussion. I know
what our watch said at Waldingfield (however the path on the marathon may have
had a downward slope and was clocked after a full trot start both of which
would have a positive effect on our time I can't remember the terrain almost 2
years later as I had other things on my mind at the time)and since I in no way
believe Marnix is the fastest trotter in NA I stand by my belief that Gjest's
record can be beaten.  This is the last I will add on this subject. If enough
people take Carol and Arthur up on their challenge the numbers will speak for
themselves. I look forward to news on the first race. Vivian