This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mary Thurman wrote:

> I've been following the "yelling and screaming" (if I may) that has
> been going on of late over Evaluations - how to do them, who should
> judge, are they important, etc., etc.    It seems to me that if
> Evaluations are as important to the preservation of the breed as all
> this would lead one to believe, then the number 10.2% of all horses
> currently registered (and living) have been evaluated is a pretty
> sorry average.  If it is this important then we better get on with it,
> or  forget about it.  It's time to put the "money where the mouth is".

I think a more informative statistic for this discussion would be
percent of stallions and percent of mares who have been evaluated,
rather than the percent of the total population.

Also, Mike said he looked for all horses that had a "prize" after their
name. Is it possible that some horses have been evaluated and scored so
poorly that they would still have nothing after their name? Just
wondering...

Lori Albrough
Bluebird Lane Fjords
Moorefield, Ontario, Canada