This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/9/98 20:59:50 Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Like Steve, I suspect there will be a few Y2K glitches, which will be
 quickly ironed out or "worked around".  That's what us programmers do
 for a living! >>

I'm more with Brian on this one.  I've been reading, my husband (as said
before) has worked with computer chips/semiconductors/programming, etc. etc.
for years and has some expertise.  Me?  I just use the computer.  But enough
information has been seeping in that I think it is folly to NOT be prepared.
I hope you are right, and nothing major will happen, but I'm not convinced.
Nobody "really" knows what will happen, and we won't really know till 1-1-00.
And then either everybody will be laughing at those who were concerned, or it
will be too late to do anything about it.  To me, since we don't know what
will happen, it just makes good sense to be prepared.

And yes, I've heard "chicken little" from my mother.  But I had a lot more
time to spend talking with her than I have to discuss it on the fjord list
<g>.   She now trusts that I have her best interests at heart, and will be
staying with us 1-1-00.  God, I hope she has a good laugh at my expense!  At
the least, she'll get to meet my new horses and see the property we just
bought.

Pamela