This message is from: Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Steve McIlree wrote:

> This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>   I've been in the computer business long enough to have created many
>   of the programs that are going to break. My opinion is that the
>   morning of January 1, 2000 will dawn without any major disruption.
>   Those who would have you believe otherwise are those who always have
>   fun scaring themselves with tales of the coming apocalypse or
>   economic collapse. Or they are folks who are cutting themselves a
>   fat hog by consulting. Yes there will be minor problems, but nothing
>   that will bring any kind of catastrophic collapse of our modern
>   social order.
>
>   I find it interesting, that at the cusp of the last millennium, the
>   doomsayers were predicting the second coming of Christ and the
>   destruction of the world. This time we're just expecting our
>   machines to break.
>
> --
> Steve McIlree & Cynthia Madden -- Pferd, Keyah, Skipper, Tank -- Omaha,
> Nebraska, USA
>   Then we began to ride.  My soul smoothed itself out, a long-cramped scroll
>   freshening and fluttering in the wind. --Robert Browning(1812-1889)

Steve,

I agree.  I am the Y2k site coordinator at a major international
multimillion dollar corporation.  We expect, after all is said and done,
to spend about $113 million.  It's a big deal, but like the initial
message from Dr. Brian Jacobsen, he is putting in more scares and half
truths to the real problem.

Best Regards,
Kevin A. Ryan
Network Administrator
Dana Corporation
--
"My wife told me I should be more affectionate. So I got two
girlfriends."

Kevin A. Ryan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]