This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/9/98 11:10:32 Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I agree with Steve on the Y2K "problem". I'm a technical writer, and have
 worked in the software industry for over 10 years. I find that the
 majority of the people (like my mom) who are "scared" by the Y2K thing
 (which the media has blown out of proportion due to nothing else
 interesting to talk about) are people who do NOT make their living by
 computers--they are scared of computers, so they are also scared of
 problems with computers. >>

I don't know about that.  My husband is a highly sought computer expert and
he's nervous.  So are some of his friends that are even higher up the echelon
in the computer world.  Some of them are definitely city people, yet they have
gone out and bought acres and acres of land in the middle of Idaho in
preparation for New Years 2000.  I'm going to be on the safe side.  I hope
nothing much happens, but just in case, I'll be ready.  If nothing does
happen, well, I'll have enough candles to last the rest of my life, and enough
canned goods that I can happily donate to homeless shelters.

Pamela
Known for being cautious