This message is from: Mike May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 09:00 PM 5/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>Hello Everyone,
>
>Guess it's about time I introduced myself, although I have sent a few
>messages since I joined the list.  My name is Mary Thurman.  My
>husband, Fred, and I live in northwestern Washington state.  We have
>had Fjords since 1986, when we bought a white dun mare and a foal from
>Unrau's.  We spent a few years raising a few foals, and have kept
>three of our Fjords.  We still have the white dun mare, Line.  She is
>now 27 years old and going strong.  We no longer breed her - she is
>our lawn mower.  We also have two geldings - both three year olds.
>One is Line's grandson, Raintree's Sindar
>(Misha x Raintree's Flikke) and the other one we got from Phil Petty
>as a weanling.  His name is Glendar (Anvil's Rikolv x Paska).  They
>are both in training as  riding horses at the present time.

Hi Mary!  Welcome to the list.

>We enjoy
>the Fjord list and find a lot of the information useful.  Sometime we
>should run a survey just to see how old some of the Fjords out there
>are.  We really have no idea how old they get.  The oldest one we were
>aware of was 27 years old when he died.  Anyone have any ideas how to
>run a survey?

I am about to leave for a couple of days but would be willing to run some
numbers for you when I get back.  I can tell you that SONJA  AT-G-007-M
owned by Dick Mcguire in Ennis MT was born 1/1/67.  She is our oldest
recorded living horse.  I am sure that the 1/1/67 is not the real date of
birth but she is probably a 67 foal.

The next oldest is NANSY  2071-A  born 5/6/69.

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
http://www.nfhr.com
Mike May, Registrar
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]