This message is from: Anneli Sundkvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello, everybody!

Today, when for the first time in MONTHS, I was able to visit Roland´s
excellent web site, I found the address to this list. I subscribed at once,
and this is a short introduction of me:

I´m 31 and live outside Uppsala, Sweden. I´m an archaeologist, writing a
thesis about horse manship in Late Iron Age Scandinavia, so there´s no
wonder I´m intrested in ancient, norse horse breeds:o)

But my intrest for the Fjord-breed started much earlier than my career in
archaeology: in 1981 I went to Taffsnäs Fjord Camp for the first time. I
went there 2 more summers as a pupil and then became a co-leader in 1984
and group-leader in 1985. I worked on the camp, with +80 Fjords (and
actually could tell them all from each other) until 1990. This summer I was
lucky enough to work with the Fjords that took part in the World Equestrian
Games Show programme. It was much work, but great fun. We had 10 horses
with us, and two of them stayed when our shows were over, to be ridden on
the streets of Stockholm as a PR-thing. We also sold t-shirts, postcards
and stuff and I met many fjord-fans from many countries.

In 1992, I borrowed a Fjord-mare from Taffsnäs, that I liked so much that I
later bought her. Her name was Tina, and this is still her barn-name, but
when I later found out that her earlier name had been Lektra, I had her
registred in the stud book under that name. In 1993 I got a colt as a
present from my previous employer at Taffsnäs. His name is Cider, and I
choosed his parents myself; a stud named Champis and a mare named Taffsnäs
Mackie. Both parents have won the Swedish Fjord-championship in dressage.

Tina had a colt, Thjodolf,  in 1995 (now sold) but that is her only foal so
far. I had her covered by Daler last season, but unfortunately she proved
barren. I take dressage lessons on her, she is also jumped by a 12 yo girl.
Last year we started to take jousting-lessons ("tornerspel", if there´re
other Scandinavians on the list), and I later became a knight in Celeres
Nordica, a Medieval Society from Uppsala. In may -97 we did a show on the
racing track Solvalla, the same day as the greatest race of the year,
"Elitloppet" went off. This is an international harness-race, and every
knight was supposed to represent one of the countries that took part in the
race. Forutnately, there was a Norwegian horse (Gentle Star)entered, so
there was no doubt which country I should represent:o) Even if our show was
around lunch-time, hours before the great race, there must have been 10000
people there! And among them many Norwegians.

I broke Cider to saddle last autumn, and he is really promising with an
outstanding personality and temperament. He learns really quickly and loves
to work.

But right now, my efforts are focused on keeping Tina INSIDE THE FENCE!
She´s amazing! Always finds a way to get out!

Well, now you know a little about me! It´s great to be aboard!

Regards,

Anneli