This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Everyone,
    It's been awhile since we've posted anythign on the digest. I've been
paying close attention to the postings of late regarding the Dutch Kuering
and talk of the "American Fjord".
    First, how can we, as a group, tell the Dutch that we are not going to
recognize their judgements on the horse that originated from that region of
the world and has only become somewhat popular in this country in the last
20-30 years? We as a group , my opinion of course, should welcome the Dutch
with open arms and be willing to learn as much as possible from them while
they are here. Many of our group have had the opportunity to make the trip to
the "motherland" and have returned with a new found respect for this
wonderful horse and all it has to offer.When the EC of the NFHR vote on March
8th to decide whether to recoginze the evaluations from these judges, I
believe, they will. We as a group have the responsibility to adhere to a
system the Dutch have cultivated and has proven to be in the best interest
this breed.
    Second, the talk of the "American Fjord" scares the dickens out of a
person who truly believes in doing whatever it takes to keep this breed as
pure as we can. What comes to my mind, and we all know about these, what has
happened to the Morgan, Quarter  and now the Halflinger breeds. This horse is
a Norwegian Fjord Horse. If a person breeds a Tennesee Walker in
Pennsylvania, they don't call it a Pennsylvania Walker, it's still a Tennesee
Walking horse. I could go on with all the different analogies but the point
is this, We as a "group" have a responsibility to keep this horse the same in
this country as it is in the country this horse originated from. I won't
belabor this point any longer accept to say, I will never call my horse
anything but a Norwegian Fjord Horse and if I have the opportunity to have my
horse judged by the "experts" from the country this horse originated from I
will do so as quickly as possible. And if ,in those judges opinions, my
horses do not "cut the mustard", they will never be bred again!
    Okay, enough preaching! Everyone enjoy this beautiful day!

                                        Best Regards,
                                            Mike Cook
                                            West Church Fjords