This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi gang -

I love it when new folks show up on the list.  We're in a growing group of
friends!

Regarding Easy Boots. My former trainer used them all the time on her
Freisian mare, so we ordered a set [3's] for Silka. To make a long story
short, she got abscesses on all 4 heels. I'm not sure why, it could have
been that they were the wrong size, though I don't think so, or maybe it was
how her heels grow, or how my trainer fitted them. At any rate, I still have
them, but don't anticipate using them again, except maybe for an emergency
situation. They worked great for her mare, who was never shod, but not for
mine.

Ruthie, I was surprised to read that your son uses borium shoes, but to each
his own, I guess...he must have unusual feet!

Regarding self-cleaning barns, our plan for our barn is to eventually cement
the aisle so that it is crowned somewhat, and have a sort of gutter running
down the side of the aisle fronting on 4 of the stalls [the 5th is across
the aisle]. I hope that we can sluice much of the stall debris down it to
the end of the barn, where Doug can pick it up with his new Kubota. We'll
still have to muck out the paddocks, but the stall floors usually are
relatively clean. The gutter will have to be pretty shallow to discourage
tripping, and molded, which may be fairly expensive. This plan may change
with usage, we'll see.

I just came home from the first meeting of the Libby 2000 show committee. I
think we will have a very interesting show and a lot of gun. Beth, keep
working on ideas for the Stick Horse Drill Team 2000.. Kathy, keep working
on getting me my grey stick horse! I'll work on the new uniforms.

 Peg Knutsen, Kuntsen Fjord Farm, Ellensburg, WA, where I hope we get more
snow before the last 6 inches melts