This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi, I am 74 and have ridden English most of my horse life.  I am also heavy
set and 5'7 or was.  To me a western saddle is exactly as you say, "thick."
I ride, despite a previous instructors warning that it was not sufficiently
"tight",  a Passier Close Contact that allows me to feel every move my horse
makes or is about to.  I have been "propelled" out of westerns and have
never felt safe in them.  There is also that treeless saddle that was spoken
of here some weeks ago that appears to be close contact and looks quite
comfortable, fitting all horses.  Jean

Jean Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"