This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 10/1/99 7:29:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Are the Fjords too strong for small children?
I use mine as a school horse and he can get quite strong at times.  He forces
them to be a thinking rider.  If they try to be a passenger on him he will
drag them back to the barn.  My 5 yr old son can ride him in the indoor, but
in the outdoor (unfenced) I keep him on a lunge line.  He is very good with
them, though not totally bombproof.  He lost a kid yesterday spooking at a
boogyman.  IMHO these guys are great with kids, but somehow got the
reputation for being infallable.  They are a horse, and at times have the
same reactions as a horse.  They do seem to need a rider that they can
trust...in that situation they are more confident and really develope that
"can do" fjord attitude.

Kate