This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello to all on the list.

 I have been trying to find the time to respond to all the wonderful
discussion lately regarding evaluations but there are never enough hours in
the day. As one of the elusive Evaluation Committee members I wanted to say
that it is WONDERFUL to hear such animated input from so many fjord owners
concerning all aspects of the evaluation process. I am probably one of the
more junior members of the committee and yet in the two years I have served
much critical progress has been made on putting all the pieces together to
make a solid and workable program that as some have pointed out is always a
work in progress.

Editing and fine tuning the Evaluation hand book and setting up an Evaluator
Training program have been central issues in my time with the committee. As a
committe our job is to research, discuss and map out proposals which are then
presented to the BOD for approval/feedback. Currently we have submitted a
preliminary proposal for evaluator training. There are many exciting and
doable options to consider, some of which have been discussed on the list.
The trip to Norway in the spring and talking to evaluators from all over the
world also generated some very exciting ideas. So we are anxious to hear
feedback from the board but so far have only heard what Mike May (not a board
member) has told the list ie: that the BOD was busy in their last meeting
working on a plan.. We too are anxious to move ahead...

Keep up the great discussion.
Anne Appleby