This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 01:36 PM 8/13/99 -0800, you wrote:
Mike has said 'It is what the members want and they will get it.' Well, I'm
a member and I don't want it and I'm not sure what I'd be getting if it is
implemented.

It is what the majority of the members want I am afraid Mike. And it has been implemented as much as I know it is going to be already. We have had 5 Evaluations to date. The way it sounds right now we may have 3 or 4 more next year already.

I think the world has got plenty of rules and regulations as
it is.

No one says that you have to participate.

Our commitment as a breeding operation comes from a personal vision
that is not likely to be subordinated to external judgements.

Oh it is subject to external judgements alright. Your customers are full of external judgements. If they like what they see they will but. If they don't like what they see they will probably keep looking.

I'd like to
know what kind of 'tie in' the Registry sees for evaluations. Would they be
optional? I hope so.

Yes they are certainly optional. I doubt very much that they would ever be mandatory.

I'd appreciate some clarification on this point as the
discussion continues. I appreciate the NFHR's support of the breeders and
the breed and hope that it remains broadbased in the future.

Me too.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar