This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:59:57 -0400 Julia Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>Jan, there are a growing number of Fjord owners in Virginia.  Why don't
you see if you >(collectively) could host at least a conformation
evaluation in your state?  I'm sure Brian >would support it.  Right
Brian???

I will definitely support/ help put on/ participate in an evaluation in
Virginia.  Since you mentioned it though, I'm going to be a little
selfish and tell you what I would really like best; A conformation
evaluation here on our farm in North Carolina.  If it were financially
feasible, Barb and I would love to have every single one of our 18 Fjords
evaluated for conformation.  Since Jane and Harlan Sawyer are also here
in NC with 13 Fjords, assuming they would want to participate, we might
try to work out the following: Pay the evaluators for two days work which
would include a conformation evaluation (open to everyone) here in
Salisbury, then one at the Sawyer's in Asheville (also open to anyone
else), and then swinging up to Virginia for another one or two
conformation evaluations.  Perhaps the Stifels would want one; If so,
that would be eastern VA.  We would have to pay for/ provide means of
travel for the evaluators, and it would be two busy days, but I would
think it's workable.  Evaluating only for conformation should be much
quicker and easier than including the performance parts.

How about it - who within driving distance of Charlotte or Asheville, NC,
or somewhere in the state of Virginia (that's real helpful isn't it),
would be interested in a conformation only evaluation in 2000?

Brian Jacobsen, DVM
Norwegian Fjordhest Ranch
Salisbury, North Carolina