This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 07:50 AM 8/4/99 -0300, you wrote:

When North America has a system that even comes close to this, then maybe
we'll have the right, and the knowledge, to criticize.  Until then, I'd
advise listening to and learning from Europe.

It is very very doubtful that North America will ever have a system run by the government like the European systems are. Americans & Canadians don't seem to take well to being told what to do with their property even if it is better for the breed.

You still didn't explain why there isn't the strong stallions of the past if their program is working so well. Where are they with all of this selective breeding? Seems to me that the stallions of today should be much stronger if anything than those of yesteryear.

Or did something get lost in the translation from what Bob had to say to what you wrote?

Inquiring minds want to know

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar