This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 8/4/99 8:04:48 Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< When North America has a system that even comes close to this, then maybe
 we'll have the right, and the knowledge, to criticize.  Until then, I'd
advise listening to and learning from Europe.  >>

No thanks <g>.  Personally, I think we've got a good font of knowledge right
here in the USA.  My ancestors left Europe for good reason.  To be allowed to
be free thinking.  I LOVE Europe and appreciate the past, but there's
something to be said for good old fashioned American ingenuity.  You have to
think out side the box lots of times to make progress.  I am reading a lot
about where the breed came from, what it was used for, bloodlines, etc. But
don't think the Europeans have the corner on good horsemanship.

Although I've only owned fjords for the last couple years, I've been involved
with horses for a lifetime.  I've seen good, sound breeding practices, and
seen frivolous.  The fjords I've seen in America, while based on European
bloodstock, are beautiful, fine, strong examples of solid breeding practices
which are taking place right here in the Good Old USA.

Also, I like my horses tame and manageable.  The only questionable fjords
I've seen have been so poorly mannered and downright DANGEROUS I want nothing
to do with them.  The worst stallion behaviour I've ever seen.  Including
working on the racetrack with 2 year old tb stallions.  The only one that
Monty Roberts warned me to be careful with was gentle as a kitten as compared
with the fjord stallion in question.

My breeding program is towards solid, kind, beautiful and able to work
horses, who will give many years of pleasure to myself, or whatever happy
soul may buy one from me.

Pamela
Who is only telling my point of view, not that it's right or wrong for
anybody else