This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 08:48 AM 7/12/99 -0400, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike, the info in the Fjord Herald says DNA testing is not required of
Geldings. If we are registering our under 6 month old colt and we are pretty
sure he will be gelded in the future, should we then not have him DNA tested?

You are correct. We do not require the DNA typing of geldings. BUT in order to take advantage of that he has to be gelded before he is registered. But since the price only goes up by $15 for the over 6 month old gelding it is still better than paying the DNA kit fee.

If you want to register him before he is gelded you would have to have him DNA typed.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114