This message is from: "Jon A. Ofjord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

When I pull hairs for DNA testing, I wrap the hairs around my index finger
close to the base of the hair and give a quick, but firm tug in a downward
direction.  They all come out in a nice bundle and no one seems to mind at
all. They don't even flinch.  I always was under the (probably
incorrect)impression that the hair in horses manes and tails don't have the
same nerve receptors as our do, hence they don't seem to feel it like we
do.  Look what we do the the QH manes and tails-they get pulled all the time.

MAry Ofjord
North Coast Fjords