This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 10:43 AM 7/10/99 -0400, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 7/9/99 21:00:38 Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<  If you did all 50 at  once, the horse might never speak to you again!
Julie >>

<g> or speak only evil to me henceforth.  I've heard a couple people say they
do it all at once, and the instructions look like that's what they want you
to do.  But if I can do it just a few at a time, I can handle it and keep
Skylark's good will.

The important thing is to get the root. They actually only use 4 - 5 hairs for the test. The rest is stored for future testing if needed. For instance in case of a parentage verification that doesn't really quite match. Also they take 1/2 of the hair and store it at another location from the main lab. This is in case of a fire or some other disaster should occur and destroy all of the stored samples. That is why they need so many.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114