This message is from: "Denise Delgado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Dear Kari,  I have two fjords.  one is 15+ hands tall and the other, a baby
at 2 years, willl probably match that height.  they both are very capable of
carrying 200lbs.  but on a long trail ride (days) it might be pretty tiring
if the horse is'nt conditioned and in shape.  their gaits are different too.
the little one is a much calmer horse. he does everything slowly, does'nt
get ruffled, is very mellow and takes life with ease.  somethimes i wish he
would speed up and get more excited!  his lope is almost "rocking
horse-like' and very smooth.  because he is still a baby, of course, it is
shorter.  at a trot he sometimes fully extends his forelegs as if reaching
out and holds them up in the air for a split second. his lope is super slow
and smooth, very easy and rythmic and a joy to ride. he is getting better
with ground manners.  (they will try anything you let them get away with.)
he learns easily, is smart but his mind wanders because of his age.  the
other one is more high-spirited. he catches on fast, and is very smart.  he
is eight and has excellent manners.  he is a big fjord and well muscled.  he
does everything fast, but is learning the different stages or speeds  of
trotting and loping.  he has an odd place in his gait, where his  back stays
almost level, very smooth.  it is like a combogait. between trotting and
loping.   both of them and all the other fjords i've ever met are LOVERS.
they love people!  everyone is attracted to them.  they are real
sweetie-pies.  my boys don't have a mean streak or a bad bone in their
bodies, they are always willing to try and have a lot of heart.  their
hooves and feet are tough as nails and hard. they are easy keepers and can
do well on mixed grass/alfalfa hay.  well, i've gone on enough about my
horses.  let me know what happens.  i know of a man up near me, that breeds
some.  about 2 hrs from the bay area.  let me know if you are interested.
denise delgado in mokelumne hill, calif.