This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: Jean Ernest
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Lynda,
>
> If you use rope halters you should DEFINITELY NOT
> turn them out with those
> halters on unsupervised:  They do not break and
> would be dangerous if they
> caught on something!

Hear! Hear! Everyone.  Rope halters are for training/leading, etc., NOT
for pasture use.  If you have ever seen a horse with a "white halter"
mark on his entire face, you have seen one of the lucky ones that
survived getting a rope halter hung up.  The unlucky ones are no longer
with us.  We also use rope training halters for tie-up while saddling,
etc., but always in a situation we are in control of.  Don't leave a
horse tied up and unattended in a rope halter for long periods.  If he
panics or gets bored he can really hurt himself in one of these
halters.

Mary

> Jean in Fairbanks, AK

> >Thanks for the info on the rope halters.  They
> sound very much like what I
> am
> >looking for, and will try a couple of stores here
> first.  If I cannot find
> >them, I will email you.  One question....do they
> have any metal on them
> which
> >touches the horse's face?  I am positive it is the
> metal causing the
> problem.
> >

> >Thanks,
> >
> >Lynda