This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all -

In the search for long-lost relatives in Norway [Doug's] I called a woman in
MN yesterday named Carol Meade. She not only had helpful information, she
owns a Fjord named Abel, which the family adores. Of course. She says he's
registered and that she bought him from someone in Montana.

I don't find him on the NFHR site, so he must be registered with another
registry - maybe Canadian? Anyway, it was fun chatting with her and I
shouldn't have been surprised about her choice in equines. Anyone know this
horse or person?

As far as the two descriptions of Fjords listed today, I agree that the one
recommending Fjords as first family horses should include something tactful
like, "...but be sure you get a good trainer, buster!" The other is just
someone who considers himself an Authority - lots of those around. He should
be referred to the NFHR web site descriptions., but doesn't sound like the
type who will change his tune.

Got pictures of Tullae's sweet new guy, Jens, developed and should have them
up on the web site by tomorrow. Poor Doug, he has to take time away from
standing out in the freezing wind assembling our fetching phantom mare
[Erlend's new sweetie] to do it. I hope we can convince him [Erlend, not
Doug] that this thing made from telephone poles, foam rubber, and grey
fabric is a love object.... I think we'll call her Flossie.

In Norway, I'm thinking of bringing a bunch of strong plastic bags and
rubber bands to wear over paddock boots. We'll be staying mostly at B&B's
and farms, and can just discard the shoe coverings as we leave each one. Any
better ideas? I don't mind looking silly, as many of you already know....
I'll also contact the authorities at the last minute for instructions and/or
suggestions.

Bye now,

Peg Knutsen - Ellensburg, WA
http://www.eburg.com/~kffjord/