This message is from: Storme Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Cindy Vallecillo wrote:

> He was doing so well and now he is backsliding.
>
> The one thing that is weird is, his barn mate, a warmblood mare, is having
> the same problem with her feet (the same farrier does both their feet).  The
> only thing they have in common is the bran and carrots.

Correction......the only thing they have in common is bran, carrots and
farrier......I do not know if that would have anything to do with it,
but we had a horse (Arab-Saddlebred) go severely lame and had terrible
hoof problems because of the farrier...he said he had bad hoofs and they
were prone to cracking....that was not it at all, we had another farrier
come out and do the shoeing and trimming and he improved 50% on the
first shoeing, and was not lame anymore after 6 weeks on the second
shoeing.  But we went through 6 months of lameness and not being able to
ride.  Sure was a lot of money.....  The new farrier said he had great
hooves, which is what the vet said before we purchased him.

Good luck!

Storme