This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

{I feed him half straight grass and half timothy.  He gets about a cup of
bran with carrots every night and on Sundays he gets a cup of barley with
carrots, these are made with warm water.  In his pan I give him hoof
supplements.
}

I have read with interest all the responses to this post,  no one has
mentioned protein deficiency.  I thought that hair and nails in humans and
by extension,  the hoofs on horses are fed by protein in the diet.

Because no one else mentioned it , and I highly respect the horse knowledge
contained within the members of this list, I assume I am way off base on
this.

Would protein play a role in the growth of strong hooves?