This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Pamela--

Sunday, January 28, 2001, you wrote:

> ...the digital portion of the camera is great for sending pictures
> online. I don't think it will replace the 35mm for quality though. I
> need a little more experience with it to be sure, but it seems the
> quality of the picture isn't good enough (at least with my camera)
> for prints.

  The current crop of 3 megapixel cameras will turn out prints up to
  11x14 that are indistinguishable from 35mm, and there are some magic
  software packages that can push prints up to mural size with the
  same clarity as small film. Already, most photo-journalists have
  moved to digital, but it will take a couple of years before the
  $5000 cameras they are using are affordable by us plain folk.

--
Steve McIlree -- Pferd & Skipper -- Omaha, Nebraska, USA
  The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. --Arabian