This message is from: Don & Jane Brackett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reality check time.  Farmin'
>ain't always pretty.

You said it Mary.  I am personally a failed farmer.  Breeding and
producing a product from animals is hard.  Every year, at the kitched
table with pen and paper, I could do it.  No. 5 doesn't lamb easily, no.
30 has a crappy fleece, no. 28 has a poor loin length and leg size, so
they go on the truck to be food.  I don't have a problem with lamb, I
actually like it quite alot.  But actally making the decisions and
carrying them out is very hard, No. 5 is so friendly, and I'd spent so
much time helping her to have those lambs, no. 30 is also a great pet,
on a dark night lamb check she's the one to get up and come to me for a
scratch, and all those lambs that you work so hard to keep alive and
healthy so that you can kill them later!  So you see not nice. I have
cried buckets, and felt like throwing myself in front of the truck to be
run down as it pulled out.  So now after 10 years of trying, I have just
a huge flock of PETS!

I also drink milk and eat foods made from eggs......I am forever
grateful that there are people out there who can and do farm.  They have
my admiration.

Jane, with two extra children in the house I can't go out to ride! :(