This message is from: "Starfire Farm, LLC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Karen McCarthy wrote:

> "Gee, will she need any more
> training after I buy her?"
> When I reply to questions like this, I repeat my little mantra over and over
> in my head : "e-d-u-c-a-t-i-o-n, (be nice), educate.."
> This is the best we can do; and along with Ursula's, Catherine's & Pat's
> mention of good horsekeeping & training practices, that will consistantly
> reward our efforts when these horses are presented in public, wether in
> competion or a simple trail ride.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I find it interesting that folks who come to me to
purchase a QH
or a TB or a Warmblood just assume that they'll have to either spend time
training the
horse, or pay for someone capable of doing it for them.  Certainly the sooner
the
better!   So what is it about Fjords?  Is it their size (generally speaking) or
simply
because they're so darned friendly and cute?

Love that mantra, Karen.  We're always saying, "They're still horses and you
have to
treat them as such."

Beth

--