This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: "Ursula Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"...The old adage.....'pay now or pay later'....."

Yes ma'am!!
This is soooo true, and is exactly what I tell prospective buyers when they get figity over the price of a horse. Another thing I tell them is that the cheapest part of horse ownership IS the purchase price. One of the more frightningly naive questions I was asked by a buyer recently, after she checked out a nice GREEN 3 1/2 y.o.filly I bred & trained,(won W/T Ch. @ Turlock this year): "Gee, will she need any more training after I buy her?" When I reply to questions like this, I repeat my little mantra over and over in my head : "e-d-u-c-a-t-i-o-n, (be nice), educate.." This is the best we can do; and along with Ursula's, Catherine's & Pat's mention of good horsekeeping & training practices, that will consistantly reward our efforts when these horses are presented in public, wether in competion or a simple trail ride.

Karen McCarthy
Great Basin Fjords
Carson City, NV