This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ruthie, I know where you are coming from re Corgis as this was my fourth.  I
spent over $500 just on shots and neutering which was torture as he tore out
his stitches and we had to eventually put a cast on his neck to keep him
from ripping out the steel!!!!!  He was at the Vets over six days besides
two weeks of nursing here.

The rescuers are a group dedicated to Corgis and my remaining dog Rue came
from them.  I did not give up easily on this boy and cried alot when I gave
him up yesterday.  I was told by the owners that he got along fine with
chickens, ducks, and cats.  He salivated when he saw my cat Lucy and would
not take his eyes off her.  I thought we had that licked when she attacked
him.  Then he attacked the ducks and I rescued them altho he continued to
"shadow" them.  He had paid no attention to the chickens and I thought we
were now in the final stages of acclimating when he suddenly grabbed my best
hen, naturally, and no shouts of "no", "no" nor pulling at him would stop
him until she was dead.  He is not the soft appearing Corgi but has hard
eyes and may have some terrier in him.

I felt I could not trust him after that.  As I often have meetings all day I
would now have to tie him up. Plus chicken killers, I raise a special breed
of banties, are rarely cured without sever punishment.  You must know that
you can not punish a Corgi without almost immediately getting a shy dog.
One strike with the hand which is all I had available with the chicken
killing forever marks that hand as a weapon.  It was not an easy decision
and I feel quite guilty over having to do it.

It would have been smarter of me to have purchased a puppy but at seventy
five I did not think it would have been fair if something happened to me.
Jean

Jean Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"